- All backpacks, umbrellas and bulky items should be stored in lockers available in the coat room. We reserve the right to inspect all bags, boxes and packages (sealed or unsealed) upon entry or exit.
- Food and beverages may not be brought into the galleries or other restricted areas. Food items purchased at the museum may only be consumed in the café and the McDowell Grand Lobby.
- Strollers are permitted in certain areas – inquire at the Reception Desk for gallery restrictions. Oversized and jogging strollers are prohibited
- Help us preserve the works of art for future generations. Please maintain a distance of at least 12 inches and do not touch.
- Only use pencils to write or sketch in the galleries. Pens are prohibited.
- For our current photography policy, please inquire at Visitor Services.
- Cell phone conversation is not permitted in the galleries out of consideration to other visitors.
- The Akron Art Museum is a smoke-free facility.
- Firearms are prohibited in the facility.