Akron Art Museum Reopening
Important Visitor Information
Public Reopening Hours
Starting July 23:
Thursdays from 11 a.m.–9 p.m.; Fridays through Saturdays, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
The museum will not be holding staff-led tours in 2020. Groups of 5-10 can attend together if they preregister and agree to follow the social distance and mask-wearing guidelines.
Love Art Safely
While we are taking many precautions, we need the help of our visitors to make sure we are effective in creating a safe environment for everyone. Please help us by following these health and safety recommendations including Responsible RestartOhio protocols for Consumer, Retail & Services from the Ohio Department of Health.
Before you visit
- Please register for a timed ticket. If you don’t have internet access, please call 330.376.9186 option “0.”
- You do not need to print out tickets or show us the QR code when you arrive. Instead, just give us your name at the front desk.
- Our modern and contemporary galleries are open. We do not have special exhibitions at this time.
- Patrons are asked to enter through the main door on High Street and exit through the terrace doors.
- Our galleries have been modified to create a seamless one-directional flow through the spaces.
- Our staff will be wearing masks. We ask visitors to wear masks, as well.
- The contactless environment includes acrylic barriers at the information desk. We will also be cash-free. Merchandise can be purchased online.
- Food or drink will be unavailable onsite.
- Coat check will be unavailable.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Parking is available at the High Street Parking Garage located across from museum entrance on High Street.
- Consider printing a Highlights Tour or Gallery Bingo sheet to bring with you.
The Akron Art Museum will do our part.
- Staff will wear masks at all times.
- A regulated flow through the galleries.
- We have a contactless environment.
- All high-touch surfaces cleaned regularly.
Please do your part:
If you’ve been sick in the last 24 hours, please DO NOT ENTER. To prevent the spread of germs:
- Please wear a mask as required by Governor’s Order.
- Practice social distancing.
- Sanitize hands.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
1 South High Street
Akron, OH 44308
Parking is available at the High Street Parking Garage located across from museum entrance on High Street
The museum currently does not offer tours or programming on site.
Photos and Sketching
You are welcome to take photographs of artwork on view for personal use unless
otherwise noted. Please don’t use flashes, tripods, easels, or selfie sticks.
Sketching and drawing with pencil in the galleries is also permitted. Please don’t use pens or ink or media other than pencil.
Share social media images by tagging @akronartmuseum