Thursday, August 18, 2022
6:00 – 8:00 pm
At this event, you will hear from a panel of LGBTQ+ experts and advocates from Summit, Stark, Portage, and Medina counties as they share the outcomes and community recommendations that address the unmet needs of the local LGBTQ+ community. Following the presentation, take pleasure in a guided art tour of LGBTQ+ curated art.
6:30-7:30 p.m. – Panelist Presentations
Move into the Charles and Jane Lehner Auditorium to hear from a panel of local LGBTQ+ experts and advocates as they share outcomes and community recommendations that address the unmet needs of the LGBTQ+ community. Panelists include:
* Physical Health and Wellness – TBA
* Religion and Spirituality – Anissa Glaser-Bacon, New Vision United Church of Christ
* Education and Literacy – N.J. Akbar, PhD Akron Public Schools Board of Education
* Housing, Food, and Nutrition – Marquetta Bodie, Summit County Continuum of Care
* Business, Employment, and Commerce – Matthew Weiderhold, Heritage Ohio
* Safety and Law Enforcement – Gert Wilms, City of Akron Chief of Staff
* Recreation and Leisure – Jim Mahon, Akron | Summit Convention and Visitors Bureau
* Minority Health – Isaac Nelson, Summa Health
* Community Resources – Rebecca Callahan, CANAPI
* Allyship – Natalia Maikranz, Kent State University: College of Public Health
7:30-8:00 p.m. – Guided LGBTQ+ Commissioned Art Tour
After the presentation, guests are invited into the Akron Art Museum collections for a tour of LGBTQ+ relevant artwork, connecting the art to LGBTQ+ history, culture, and events.
Parking for this event is available in the High/Market Parking Deck located at 40 S. High Street, Akron, OH 44308. Wheelchairs are available to guests upon request. Please contact Andrew M. Snyder with questions or concerns regarding this event at (330) 672-7330 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see you there!
Nicholas Buffon. The Interbelt Flowerscape, 2018. Museum Acquisition Fund. 2018.9.5