Inspired by Untitled by Alvin Demar Loving Jr.
Plastic bags (variety of colors, patterns)
1. Collect plastic shopping bags. Look for interesting colors, patterns and designs.
2. Cut the plastic bags into shapes. Holding the bag taught makes it easier to cut.
3. Layer the cut pieces onto a larger shape of plastic bags. Create at least 6 layers but the more layers there are, the stronger the fabric will be.
4. Sandwich the layers between pieces of parchment paper.
5. Use a dry iron and press the layers together until they melt and fuse.
Make your fabric into a one-of-a-kind envelope with instructions at http://www.youaremyfave.com/2013/07/17/a-fused-plastic-bag-envelope-is-my-fave/.
Between ArtCamp@Dusk, Story Time, children’s art classes, workshops, tours, lectures and art, there is always something to do at the Akron Art Museum.