Liquid water colors OR colored tissue paper (bleedable)
Flower seeds (small)
Plastic stitchery canvas
Plastic tracers and/or cookie cutters
1. Rip and tear pieces of paper, do not use scissors because the rough edges are necessary.
2. Place pieces of paper in a warm bucket of water. Once paper has been in the water for a few minutes, tear pieces into smaller shreds.
3. Add liquid water colors or bleedable tissue paper to the water/paper mixture.
4. Drain the water and fill blender half way with the paper mixture. Add one cup of water and blend on low speed. Paper pulp will be created!
5. Take the paper pulp out of the blender and add in flower seeds.
6. The paper pulp can then be molded to create a 3-D form or you can flatten the pulp out, forming it with cookie cutters or plastic tracers.
7. Allow pulp to dry. Then the shapes can be planted to grow flowers or sprouted in a ziplock bag.
Between ArtCamp@Dusk, Story Time, children’s art classes, workshops, tours, lectures and art, there is always something to do at the Akron Art Museum.